“Where The Locals Eat!”
If there’s one thing all of the three main cities in the East Tennessee Smoky Mountains have in common, it’s an excellent and varied selection of restaurants. We’ve got almost everything you could ever want within 20 minutes driving distance from almost anywhere you are in the Smokies - burgers, fries, chicken, BBQ, steaks, brisket, sandwiches, seafood, tacos, pizza, spaghetti, gyros… almost everything. We have restaurants from almost every corner of the world represented here in the Smokies and, as far as nationality representation goes, we’re particularly strong with excellent Italian restaurants throughout the cities.
Today, we’ll put a spotlight on one of our more recent favorites and one many discerning locals have been hyping up on - Nino’s Restaurant on Long Springs Road just off of Newport Highway. This used to be “Cornerstone Pizza” and was bought by owners Jerry and Christine in 2014, as the bio on their website states:
“The concept for Nino's Pizzeria and Eatery was born many years ago by Jerry Maltese. Nino means little boy in Italian. When Jerry was a little nino himself he thought that was his father's name because his Italian born grandparents always called him that. He learned later on that was his nickname. Jerry has been in the Italian restaurant business since the early 1980's and cooking with his family for even longer. In March 2014 Jerry, along with his wife Christine, has finally achieved their dream of owning their own restaurant and purchased Cornerstone Pizza.”
And what do they have at Nino’s that you should drive out to try? Well, we’ll give you some examples right here (from their online menu):
Pizza & Calzone
The Cornerstone (Supreme)
- Pepperoni, ham, sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, onions and black olives.
- Ham, beef, sausage, bacon and pepperoni.
- Olives, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives.
- Beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and onions.
- Stuffed with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, fresh parsley and Pecorino Romano cheese. We can add any pizza topping to your calzone.
Philly Cheese Steak Sub
- Provolone cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms.
- Breaded chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, marinara.
Ultimate Italian Sub
- Salami, ham, pepperoni, tomatoes, lettuce, provolone cheese, Italian dressing.
Roast Beef & Cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo.
- Ham, turkey, bacon, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo.
Linguine and Clam Sauce
- Linguine with white wine, garlic, parsley and baby clams. Served with a fountain drink and a side salad.
- Cheese ravioli topped with marinara and mozzarella cheese. Served with a fountain drink and side salad.
- 8" wheat tortilla, grilled chicken strips, peppers and onions. Sour cream and cheddar cheese on the side.
Small Garlic Knots
- Approximately 10 knots served with marinara.
Large Garlic Knots
- Approximately 20 knots served with marinara.
- 10" pizza crust with melted mozzarella and garlic butter.
- Homemade meatballs served with marinara and mozzarella.
- Just like our knots but small loaves.
- A creamy blend of ricotta, confectioners sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a crusty pastry shell.
- Same as the large cannoli only bite-sized.
NY Style Cheesecake
- Traditional style or topped with chocolate syrup.
Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
- Brownie crust topped with a swirled cheesecake. A chocolate lovers dream!
- Buttery knots topped with cinnamon and served with warm creamy icing.
- A 10" pizza crust topped with a thin layer of Nutella, dotted with toasty marshmallows, a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers and topped off with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
We hope this recommendation can serve your Smoky Mountain vacation plans. See more on area information and recommendations in town at CLICK HERE
Nino's is located at 105 Long Springs Rd, # 8 Sevierville, Tennessee 37876 (865) 365-4444